Sunday 17 December 2023

The Peacock 1091

 They wouldn't let me see her today, but her condition has been upgraded to stable, so there is light at the end of the tunnel."

"How about her friends."

"No word.  I'm going to try to see them all tomorrow if I can."

"And you bought that Victorian mansion?"

"From Wee Willie Wang."

"I'm sure that isn't his real name", says François, maintaining a very convincing poker face.

"well, you know what they say about Asian men", say I, and I suddenly regret dignifying this with commentary.

"What do they say about Asian men?" says Francois with Spock like innocence.

Says Carl, "Exactly the opposite to what they say about black men."

And now I see Francois become noticeably uncomfortable.  "Let's keep this appropriate for audiences of all ages", he says.

Then suddenly Carl says.  "Hey you know the story of Hiawatha and his woman Minnehaha."

"I don't know.  Should I?" says Francois.

The first time she saw Hiawatha naked, just after he took off his clothes he said to her, "By the way, what's your name again?  And she started to laugh, and pointing to him says, "Mini...ha-ha!"

"No dessert for you tonight, Carl", say I compulsively grinning at his little quip, and francois, silent and taciturn, returns to his laptop.


No comments:

Post a Comment